A Healthier Version of a Classic Caesar Salad
We all love a classic Caesar salad. However, just because it's a salad doesn't mean it's necessarily healthy. There is usually little nutrients in the lettuce that is usually used, high carbs in the croutons, and tons of fat in the dressing.
Here we went down a more nutritious route, but believe me there is not skimping on flavor!
- 2tbsp hot Water
- 2tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2tbsp Olive Oil
- 1tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 1tsp Worcestershire Sause
- s/p to taste
- 1 Garlic clove, grated
- 1.5oz shaved Parmesan cheese
- 5c Kale, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2c skinless, boneless grilled or baked Chicken Breast, chopped
- 2tbsp toasted Walnuts, chopped
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large salad bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese..
- Add kale, and chicken to the large bowl and toss with the dressing to coat.
- Top with remaining 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and walnuts.