Healthy Roasted Almond CousCous
Delicious and Quick Couscous Side Dish
Couscous is a finely ground pasta. It is a WONDERFUL option for people with limited time because it only takes 5 minutes to cook. Purchase a whole wheat couscous and you've got yourself a nice complex carb that will keep you on track with your healthy eating. Couscous is extremely versatile in that you can have it on its own, or you can incorporate many other ingredients to really make it a flavorful dish. Have couscous as a main dish, or use it as a side dish as I did here.
This recipe is not only amazingly delicious, but it literally take less than 10 minutes to prepare. There are now no excuses on why you can't prepare a healthy meal in under 30 minutes. With recipes like this, you'll set a new record. Enjoy!
- 1c unsalted chicken or veggie stock
- pinch of salt
- 1c uncooked whole wheat couscous
- 1/3c fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 2tbsp dry-roasted, unsalted almonds, coarsely chopped
- Bring stock and 1/8 teaspoon salt to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Stir in couscous.
- Remove pan from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and almonds.