Healthy Flavorful Chicken Dinner
This healthy Dijon chicken dinner is definitely a winner! For some reason when people think of healthy meals, they think boring, dry, bland. Those people have obviously NEVER explored the world of cooking. There are so many flavorful, delicious healthy meals out there that won't cost you on your hips or in your wallet.
This is one of those meals for sure. The twang of the mustard and red wine vinegar, and the sweetness of the maple syrup is like a party in your mouth. On top of it all, because we are baking it in the oven, there is no extra oils being used and it allows for an extremely moist chicken. Serve with Rosemary Garlic Sweet Potato Fries, some wilted spinach, and you've got yourself a meal fit for an athlete!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½c Dijon mustard
- ¼c 100% maple syrup
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- s/p to taste
- Fresh Rosemary, chopped, garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, syrup, and vinegar.
- Place chicken breasts into a baking dish. Season with salt and lots of pepper.
- Pour mustard mixture over chicken. Make sure each breast is coated.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Season with fresh rosemary.