Sugar-Free Healthy Banana Bread
This Healthier Banana Bread is the most AMAZING, moist, flavorful banana bread you will ever taste! The best part is that it is sugar-free! (as long as you leave out the chocolate chips!) This banana bread was compiled by my amazing sister, Catherine. I have used it as a breakfast bread for a while, however, since I have such a sweet tooth, I decided to add some dark chocolate chunks and try it as dessert bread for a twist. I topped it with some delicious pumpkin ice cream and had myself a nice little cheat meal to round out my very strict week.
This recipe is so versatile. Breakfast or Dessert! You can mix in any additions you'd like: Add in the chocolate chips, like I did. Choose the dark chocolate if available because then you will have a much lower sugar content. Add in walnuts, raisins, cranberries, coconut flakes, peanut butter chips. Create your own master piece. Also, you can bake the batter as a loaf, muffins, or even mini muffins. Just remember the smaller the amount of batter, the less time it needs in the oven. If you decide to make mini muffins, I would check them after about 15 minutes. The key is to take them out just before they are done, let the bread finish cooking as it cools, and you will be left with a very moist muffin, or loaf.
Now, just for you, here is the recipe for this amazing Banana Bread loaf.
Serving: Makes one loaf, 12 muffins, or 24 mini muffins
- 1/4c Coconut Oil (melted or softened)
- 1/4c Olive Oil
- 1/3c Agave
- 1/3c Maple Syrup (pure/100% maple syrup)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2tsp Vanilla
- 2c Flour
- 2 3/4tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2tsp Salt
- 3 Medium Ripe Banana, mashed
- Optional: 1c of any of the following (feel free to add more than one or create your own additions) walnuts, chocolate chips, dried fruit, coconut flakes, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the coconut oil, olive oil, agave, and maple syrup in a large bowl until creamy and slightly fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until thick and yellowish in color.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt; with the mixer on low, blend until well combined and mixture is smooth. Add the mashed bananas mixing until just combined. Fold in optional ingredients.
- Grease a loaf, muffin, or mini muffin pan and pour batter into pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes OR until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let bread cool about 10 minutes before removing from pan and slicing.